Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder that affects both children and adults. Children with ADHD can find it hard to concentrate, be hyperactive, and struggle with impulsivity. While medication can be a helpful treatment option, it’s not always the only solution. Occupational therapy (OT) can also be an effective treatment for hyperactive kids.
What is ADHD?
ADHD is a condition that affects around 6.1 million children in the United States. Children with ADHD often struggle with concentrating on tasks, sitting still, or staying quiet. These behaviors can lead to problems at home, in school, and in social situations. It is a condition that often requires a combination of therapy and medication for management.
Can occupational therapy help to control ADHD?
Occupational therapy can help children with ADHD learn how to improve their focus, manage their emotions, and better control their movements. OT can be used to treat children who have difficulties with sensory integration, self-regulation, fine and gross motor skills, and social interaction.
How can Achieve Therapy and Learning OT help with ADHD?
- Work out anger and aggression: Occupational therapists can teach children how to express and control their emotions effectively.
- Techniques to improve focus: OT can help children learn techniques to improve their focus on daily activities and improve attention span.
- Handwriting: Occupational therapists can help children who struggle with handwriting and motor skills.
- Routine actions training: OT can help children develop routine and organizational skills.
- Social skills: Therapists can role-play social situations to improve social skills in hyperactive children.
- Tips to stay organized: OTs can provide practical strategies for staying organized and managing ADHD symptoms at home and school.
How to choose an OT for hyperactive children in Idaho Falls, ID?
When choosing an OT for your hyperactive child, you should look for a provider that specializes in treating children with ADHD. At Achieve Therapy and Learning, we offer personalized treatment programs for each child’s specific needs. We take the time to assess your child’s symptoms and develop a plan that works for your family. Our occupational therapists have years of experience working with children who have ADHD and use integrative and sensory therapy to help children control repetitive actions, sensibility to sounds, and switch between different activities effectively. We also offer in-home occupational therapy services for families who prefer therapy at home.
In conclusion, occupational therapy is a valuable treatment option for children with ADHD. It can help improve focus, manage emotions, and control movement, among other things. If you’re looking for a trusted occupational therapist for your hyperactive child in Idaho Falls, consider Achieve Therapy and Learning. Our therapists use the latest techniques to help your child develop skills for a happier, more fulfilling life.